What I love the most about being a pediatric dentist and dentist anesthesiologist is having the opportunity to ease children’s fears and make their dental appointment stress free. My favorite moments are when a child has conquered their fear of the dentist after many previous attempts and develops a trusting relationship with our office and me as their dentist. Knowing the difference we make in the life of a child brings me joy!
I also love the warm, inviting feeling you get when you walk into Kanawha City Pediatric Dentistry. From the front office team members to the clinical team, everyone here strives to help children and families understand the importance of good oral health. It is our mission to make the dentist fun and stress-free for the child AND the parent, and we understand that this takes time, patience, and the development of mutual trust.
Education and Experience
My goal when entering the dental field was to help children and their families in a way that could impact their overall health and help them overcome their initial fears of the dentist and guide them down the right oral health path. To achieve this goal, I completed the following:
- Bachelor of Science Degree – Marshall University, Huntington, WV
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery – West Virginia University School of Dentistry Morgantown, WV
- General Practice Residency – Veterans Affairs Medical Center Washington, DC;
- Anesthesia Residency – Mount Sinai Medical Center New York, NY
- Pediatric Residency and Master of Dental Science Degree – Virginia Commonwealth University Richmond, VA
I enjoy staying up to date on the most recent dental procedures, dental materials, and advances within dentistry, as well as anesthesia practices, to maintain safe, effective, and high quality care for my patients. It is important for me to offer unique ways of allowing children to conquer their fears and anxiety with dental appointments, including offering sedation and anesthesia options for children and patients with special healthcare needs, as well as providing options for minimally invasive dentistry for those children that may not require anesthesia care.
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- Southeastern Society of Pediatric Dentistry
- West Virginia Society of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- West Virginia Dental Association
- Kanawha Valley Dental Society
- American Society of Dentist Anesthesiologists
- American Dental Society of Anesthesia
Outside the Office
I am originally from Kenova, West Virginia and recently moved back to Charleston, West Virginia after living in Virginia for 14 years. My husband David and I have three children, Alex, David Jr., and Farra. We are excited to be back in West Virginia with friends and family, and look forward to meeting new friends and developing new relationships in our home state.
The kids keep us very busy, but when we have time, we enjoy traveling throughout the US and exploring and enjoying this beautiful state we live in. We are members at St. George Antiochian Orthodox Church and enjoy spending time with our church family as well.
Since we are new to the area, I am currently looking into ways that I can become more active within the community, including dental outreach programs and community programs that would benefit Charleston families. Previously, I volunteered during Mission of Mercy and Give Kids a Smile events to provide dental care to those who need it the most.